What is the PIRATE Device Program?
During the 2019-20 school year, 5th through 11th grade students will participate in the PIRATE 1:1 program.
Personalized learning with Innovative Real-world Access to Technology to increase Engagement
- Provide Equitable Access to Technology for ALL
- Support Brown’s Self-Directed Learning Framework which is aligned with the District’s Backpack and 21st Century Skills
- Increase student engagement with more personalized learning opportunities
- Improve culture and climate, thus facilitating collaboration and communication among students and teachers
Requirements for Receiving your device:
- Pay the $25 Device Fee (Fee Waiver is Exempt)
- Parent attend Digital Citizenship Class at Roll out
- Signed Device Agreement by both Parent and Student
Roll out Schedule:
- 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students will receive an iPad in September
- 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will receive a Chromebook in October
(See Page 38 for Appropriate Use of District Technology)